Why Direct Mail?
Today's high-clutter environment demands that your Direct Mail packages generate results. To help your mailing piece do more consider the following creative ideas:
- The OFFER: "What's in it for me?" Remember - these are busy people - the reader must know what you do, what you are offering and how to reach you in 3 seconds or less.
- FREE is the best offer (No strings attached).
- Use a non-related offer to obtain the highest % response. For example: an electrician could offer a box of chocolates or movie tickets as a free gift.
- Use an expiration date for your offer - it requires quicker customer action.
- Keep it simple - the less wordy the better. Remember a picture is worth 1,000 words.
- Your PHONE number must be LARGE- don't make them search for it.
- Your mail piece should be designed to get your prospect to contact you, so you can sell your products or services. Your mailing piece alone should not sell your products/services. You can overcome objections much better in person.
- Consider printing a line map to your location.
- Direct traffic to your website.
- Be patient. Direct Mail leads may take a few months to build up a steady stream of customers.
- Don't be afraid to test a variety of offers until you find one that gives you an acceptable response. It may take you three different offers before you hit the winning combination.
- DON'T stop mailing!
Homeowners Marketing Services Inc. @ www.homeown.org