The Right Mail Piece
Your decision on the 'Right Mail Piece' is crucial to the success of your campaign. Different campaigns require different types of mail pieces. Here are a few examples of the 'Right Mail Piece' for your campaign:
The post card is an underrated power. Because of its compact size and instant readability, everyone will at least glance at your message.
Benefits of a postcard are:
- Postage Savings
- Less time to mail (no stuffing).
- Instant name recognition.
- It's easy to keep.
A flyer is referred to as a self-mailer. A typical format is an 8 ½ X 11 letter folded in half and mailed without an envelope. Benefits of a 'self mailer' flyer are:
- More convenient to mail than a letter in an envelope.
- More area on the outside address side to include a "teaser" headline copy.
- More convenient for the consumer to receive and read than a letter.
- Postage is identical to rates for a letter.
Letter in an Envelope
The major reason to use an envelope is so you can insert more than one document. Important documents to enclose could include:
- Business card (easy to keep).
- Postage paid business reply cards.
- Self-sticking labels.
- Gift certificates.
Another advantage of the letter over a postcard or flyer is the more professional image it projects. If you are concerned about image, consider hand addressing or typing the address rather than using the labels. There are also fonts available now which duplicate handwriting. Over the years, we have learned that the most important insert of all is your business card. In fact, if you had to choose, the business card itself may be even more valuable than a letter.
Before you go to print-
Take advantage of a company with expertise or other peoples experience - you don't need to re-invent the wheel.
Homeowners Marketing Services Inc. @ www.homeown.org
< Prev Next >